Who is Focused Education Resources?
Focused Education Resources is a new not-for-profit organization created to fulfill a mission of supporting excellence in K-12 education in British Columbia. Our role is to build capacity and advance education for school districts, independent and first nations schools, other stakeholders and partners, and ultimately students. Our creation represents an opportunity to expand on the benefits to the K-12 education sector provided by our predecessor organizations, ERAC and BCEM.
What Services does Focused Education Resources Provide?
Focused Education Resources provides a range of shared services to support its members including:
– Identification and evaluation of learning resources K-12 Evaluated Resource Collection
– Curriculum implementation support
– Oversight of licensing agreements and opportunities for service savings
– Leveraging the collective influence of the K-12 education sector to achieve better services and products from vendors in support of delivering education to students in BC
– Access to privacy impact assessments
– Professional and technical support for the deployment of licensed resources
– Leadership in the areas of emerging technologies within the K12 environment
– Supports and encouragement of the sharing of knowledge and experience within the membership
– Hosts annual member invitational conference in November
Who is Eligible for Membership?
Membership is open to BC School Districts and independent schools that receive funding from the Ministry of Education (group one and two schools).
An annual fee is charged for membership. For more information, call 604-713-5920 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.