The World Book is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.
What Products are Available?
- World Book Kids has content and tools developed especially for your students.
- World Book Student has thousands of articles and extensive multimedia tailored for students in primary, elementary and middle schools and is optimized for iPads.
- World Book Advanced is a powerful tool designed for high school students.
- L’Encyclopédie Découverte – Français includes rich media and excellent editorial content in French.
- World Book Discover offers engaging reference resources for students reading below grade level because of language or learning difficulties, with content and tools specifically developed for these students.
- Early World of Learning offers rich resources designed to develop reading fluency and phonemic awareness in younger learners
- Dramatic Learning provides a wide range of opportunities to help students improve reading fluency and internalize core concepts, using their creativity and imagination as doorways to understanding.
- Science Power is an engaging and visually rich supplemental science learning site with interactive multimedia, teacher guides, and tests for upper elementary-age children.
ERAC Member Contacts should sign into the members’ side of ERAC’s website to see details of this agreement.
What Products are Included with the Core Collection?
|Core Collection||Licensed For||Options to add Grades|
|Early World of Learning||Grades K – 2||Grades 3, 4|
|Science Power||Grades 3 – 6||Grades 2, 7|
|Advanced Reference Center (WB Kids, WB Students, Advanced, Discover, Decouverte, Timelines)||Grades 3 – 9||Grades 10-12|
What product are available a la carte?
|RESOURCES AVAILABLE À LA CARTE AS ADDITIONS TO THE CORE COLLECTIONS|
|Dramatic Learning||Available ‘per building’ for all Grades 3 – 12 FTE.
Districts can license a subset of schools or all schools.