Your school will need to have the following items, at a cost of approximately $300. Some of this equipment is likely in your building already.
- Webcam (external)*
- Microphone (external)*
- Projection surface, i.e. tv, flat screen, whiteboard
- Video-conferencing software application, i.e.
- Skype (available with Microsoft license)
- Zoom (requires a Zoom Pro license to host your own sessions). Zoom (Free version) allows unlimited 1:1 meetings which covers most virtual field trips, but has a time limit of 40 minutes for group meetings.
* External webcams and microphones allow for greater distance and better video/sound quality for a group setting.
** Some virtual field trip providers support legacy systems. Tell the provider whether you are using Skype, Zoom or another video-conferencing application so they can help you determine whether each system is compatible with the other.